|RNDM 2013 Best paper award:
An Optimization Model for Communication Networks with Partial|
Multiple Link Failures
Michal Pioro (PL, SE), Dritan Nace (FR), Yoann Fouquet (FR)
RNDM has been established as a single-track workshop each time attracting world-class participants from both academia and industry working in the area of reliable networks design and modeling. RNDM 2013 follows the success of the first four events that took place in St. Petersburg (2009
), Moscow (2010
), and Budapest (2011
RNDM 2013 was organized by:
and technically co-sponsored by:
- IFIP TC 6 WG 6.10
- IEEE (IEEE Communications Society Russia Northwest Chapter)
After a detailed review process, including at least 4 completed reviews per each submitted paper (up to six completed reviews per paper, on average: 4.94 completed reviews per each paper
), 9 full papers and 6 short papers were finally accepted. They were organized into six technical sessions.
Program of RNDM 2013 was enriched by the Keynote Talk
of Prof. Luigi Fratta (Politecnico di Milano, IT) "Do energy efficiency strategies necessarily conflict with reliability in wireless and wired networks?", five Invited Talks
- Cicek Cavdar (SE): "Shared Path Protection for Distance Adaptive Elastic Optical Networks under Dynamic Traffic"
- Costas Constantinou (CY), George Ellinas (CY): "Survivable Multicast Routing in Mixed-Graph Sparse-Splitting Optical Networks"
- Hongfang Yu (CN) et al.: "Survivable Virtual Infrastructure Mappings in Multi-datacenter Systems"
- Marcus Schoeller (DE) et al.: "Resilient Deployment of Virtual Network Functions"
- Dimitri Papadimitriou (BE) et al.: "Method of Reliability and Availability Analysis - From the Dynamic Properties of Routing and Forwarding Paths"
and Panel Discussion
"How practical are recent network reliability concepts?".
Similar to all previous editions, also this year all papers were presented
(0% of no-shows
We would like to thank the authors for their high-quality papers. Our sincere thanks also go to the Technical Program Committee, and external reviewers for their great effort in distribution of call for papers, as well as the timely delivery of detailed reviews.
RNDM 2013 Chairs